Thursday, August 16, 2012

Before & After Yard Sale Finds


I bought this desk at a yard sale for $10. It did come with a glass top, but I took it off, so it wouldn't break. I saw on Pinterest, people using old desks for kitchen islands. I thought this would make a great kitchen island. 
This is my before picture....



This is my after picture. I painted it white and distressed it a little. It makes the perfect kitchen island for a small space. 



This spice cabinet I found at a yard sale for $2!. I thought it would need a little face lift. 
This is my before picture...


This is my after. I painted it white and distressed, also changed the knobs and added a little embellishment on the top. 


This home made watering can cost me 50cents at a yard sale. I knew I could make this challenged piece look like new.
This is my before...


This is my after. A little paint and antiquing made this watering can fit right into my decor.



This poor orphan cost me 15cents. I think he used to be painted to look like a watermelon. 
This is my before...


This is my after. I painted and antiqued this little gem and modge podged a robins picture along with a doily and feathers. 

As you can see, I am not a big spender as the total cost of these three items were $12.65 for the four items.
Not too bad for a days work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment