Thursday, January 17, 2013

Praying Mantis


This is one very pregnant praying mantis.


There is a story behind this one. It was found at work in the fall. They only live 5 to 6 month's. So I knew it didn't have long. I brought it home with me and put it in the laundry room. I went to the pet store and bought it cricket's to eat. I wanted it to die in the warm and not be hungry. I know by now you think I am crazy. Well that's how I am. I love nature. Ask anyone that know's me.


This is my first nest that hatched. They come out like maggots. And they just keep coming.


I think they are all out of the nest. About 100 or more I have heard  that a nest can have as many as 200.


 This is another nest hatching.


Still coming out of the nest.


Just look at all of them. They are everywhere.


This is from the other side of the flower box. They are every where.


I had so many on the porch, that when I went in the house, they were on my pants. I had to come out and get theme off. I was sitting out there one morning drinking my coffee, when I picked up my cup to take a drink there was one on the rim of my cup.


Not sure what this one is eating. It is on  one of my flowers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment