Thursday, August 15, 2013

Repurposed


I think this was a tool carrier, not sure. I got it at a yard sale, it was brown, so I painted it antique white and distressed it. For now I have lace in it.


I posted this on my blog before, but now I am using it for lace. I bought it at the thrift shop and it was brown. I painted it and distressed it.


This shelf was put out for the trash, and I gathered it up and brought it home. It was UGLY. Dark brown, I really did not like that. So I painted it antique white and distressed it. It fits perfect in the corner of my bedroom. And yes that is a tv antenna, I don't have cable.


I covered a pillow I had with this French country material. I do not sew, so I attached it with fabric glue. Works for me.


I bought this candle holder at the thrift store, it was a brownish copper color. I did like it, but decided to paint it and distress it. Then I covered it in glitter, turned out real nice.



This fireplace holder was also out for the trash. I needed something to hang a wreath on at craft shows, and I could see this being used for that. I painted it green and crackled it. And in the next picture you will see it in use.  




And here we are. What do you think? I think it will work. I didn't want to pay 12$'s for a wreath  stand. So this was a lot better. FREE.


Old piano stool I got at a yard sale. I really wish I had taken before pictures of all this stuff, but I didn't. I have to work on that. I painted it and distressed it then decoupaged music paper to the seat.


Close up of the seat.


A coffee can I papered, added lace and a button. I will use it for a planter.


Bought this bird cage at a yard sale for 1.00. It was a ugly blue. It is not old, maybe 60's, the bottom is plastic. So I painted it pink. I am thinking of using it to plant flowers in and sit on the patio next year. At least that is the plan, that could change. Hope you enjoyed the pictures, sorry I did not have before pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment